Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 2, 2012


My story is absolute.  With complete certainty, this is unqualified, non-contingent and not relative to anything else.  And there is only one ideal reality which is completely independent and unconditionally real.

I have achieved actuality, the state of being in reality rather than being in potential.  Refer to the world as it really is, beyond human experience, rather than the world we can experience and obtain knowledge about.

All that is real and nothing that is unreal is contained in the domain known as being.

I can’t explain the activity by which, with input from the senses, I become conscious of and interpret the world around me into meaningful information.

The object of one’s sensory perception is not an actual object, but an act that is being performed.

I am a realist, I believe that objects in the physical world have an existence independent of the mind, and the reality of physical objects exists apart from its perception by a perceiver.

Because there is no adequate bridge from the subjective mind to the external world, the only thing that appears to exist is one’s own consciousness and its contents.  Generally, this position is adopted as a way of forcing people to think about how much they can really prove about the fundamental assumptions they make each day, for example, that other people have minds like their own and that the world really exists when they go to sleep.

This world is known through ever-changing, subjective experience, as opposed to the deeper, unchanging reality that exists around us.

There is a reality independent of the mind and mental states.

Sensation is normally experienced by means of one or more of the five senses, through direct contact with the natural world.  Sensation usually excludes purely mental events such as thoughts and ideas which arise internally in consciousness.

But the living yet immaterial thing that animates one’s consciousness, maintains (some claim even before birth) an identity throughout life, and some think survives beyond death, is that part of reality that is not revealed by direct sensory experience.  It is the underlying stuff beneath or beyond phenomena. 

Some truths can only be known after observation and experience in the world.  But there are certain truths which can be known without prior observation or experience; a form of knowledge that humans may possess that is given to them without experience because it is innate or “hard-wired” in them.

I experienced transcendence, the state of being outside ordinary experience or understanding.  My intuition is the direct awareness of fundamental truth without aid of sensation and reasoning.

Nature makes no discontinuous leaps, and I know I’m similar to everyone around me.  I am a skeptic in the purest form, enough to doubt my own personal experiences.  I reject the notion that real knowledge of what is right or true is even possible, perhaps because the mind is incapable of calculating it.  But I do believe there are varying degrees of wrong or err.

I don’t believe in predestination, which is the doctrine that all individuals have been predestined from birth for salvation or damnation regardless of their deeds in life.

I hope to prove fatalism is impossible, that no events are pre-ordained to happen and that human action can influence their occurrence. 

I believe in the freedom to act independently of any external rule or authority.  Autonomy of action is a necessary condition for moral choice.

Determinism and free will can both be true.  In other words, every event may have a cause yet I am still free to make my own choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment